Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana: There are many schemes run by the government for the state workers. These schemes prove to be beneficial in empowering the laborers. Which includes PM Labor Pension Scheme , E-Labor Card Scheme . To prioritize the welfare and safety of workers, Gujarat government has launched Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana for the workers of its state. How much financial aid is available and how to apply? For information related to all these you have to read this article in detail till the end.
Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendrabhai Patel has launched a pilot project of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Accident Insurance Scheme to ensure the safety of workers. The scheme will provide financial assistance to state workers in case of death or partial disability. So that they can get financial security in case of accident. Considering the contribution and dedication of the workers, the unorganized sector workers will be insured by the Gujarat government to provide them with a security cover.
Gujarat has become the first state to launch this unique scheme for the benefit of labourers. The scheme has been launched in collaboration with Department of Posts, India Post Payments Bank and Ministry of Labor and Employment.E-Labor PortalPriority will be given to the workers registered in this scheme. Through this scheme, about 1 lakh poor families will be able to get the benefit of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana within 60 days.
|Name of Article||Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana|
|Language of Article||English|
|Related Sections||Posts, India Post Payments Bank and Ministry of Labor and Employment|
|purpose||Providing financial protection to workers in case of accidents|
Objective Of Antyodaya Labor Protection Scheme
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendrabhai Patel has launched Adnan Sami Security Scheme. The main objective of which is to give priority to the welfare and safety of the laborers of the state. So that they can get financial help in case of accident. Because due to poor financial condition workers cannot get proper treatment in case of accident. Due to which sometimes they die. Keeping all these things in mind the workers will be given the benefit of insurance cover to provide security cover. So that the workers and their families can get the benefit of financial assistance at the time of accident without any financial problem. This scheme will contribute significantly to nation building by providing financial assistance to the laborers for their welfare.
Salient Features Of The Scheme
Affordable Premium – Under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana, you will get the benefit of Rs 10 lakh insurance cover at an annual premium rate of Rs 499 . And for 289 rupees you will get the benefit of insurance cover of 5 lakh rupees. Due to which workers of all sectors will be able to get benefits easily.
Comprehensive Coverage – The scheme will provide comprehensive coverage of benefits to the workers. It also includes accident insurance of 10 lakh to 5 lakh. The scheme will provide disability benefits, hospitalization benefits etc. to meet the specific needs of all workers.
Easy Registration Process – Workers can easily apply for benefits under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana through their nearest Post Office / Postman / Gramin Dak Sevak.
Pan India Coverage – After a successful pilot launch, the scheme will be rolled out to cover over 28 crore workers across India. Nationwide coverage will ensure that every worker can avail the benefits irrespective of their economic status.
Benefits Available Under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana
Central Government’s Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana has been launched by Gujarat Government as a pilot project in the state.
- It has been formally launched to provide protection to workers through this scheme.
- Through this scheme to provide accident insurance to state workers Rs. 10 lakh financial assistance will be provided.
- Government of Gujarat under this scheme Rs. 289 at a very affordable annual premium rate of Rs. 5 lakh insurance cover and Rs. 499 for Rs. 10 lakhs cover is offered.
- The benefits of this scheme will provide relief to the workers and help them become self-reliant.
- Applications under this scheme will be accepted through offline process only.
- If a laborer dies in an accident, his family will be given financial assistance of 10 lakh rupees by the Gujarat government.
- In case of permanent disability due to accident, an amount of Rs 10 lakh will be paid to the workers by the government.
- Also, in case of death of the workers, a benefit of Rs 1 lakh will be given for providing education assistance to their children.
- With the introduction of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana, Gujarat has become the first state in the country.
- This scheme will be an important step towards building a secure society.
- Now the families of the laborers will not have to face financial situation in case of accident.
Eligibility For The Scheme
- To avail the benefits of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana, the applicant must be a native of Gujarat.
- Only government employees will be eligible for this scheme.
- to the laborerLabor Cardmust be.
- Worker’s bank account should be linked with Aadhaar card.
Documents Required For Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana
- aadhar card
- e Labor Card
- address proof
- Bank account statement
- Passport size photograph
- mobile no
How To Apply Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana | How To Apply For The Scheme?
If you want to avail the benefits of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana, you have to apply to get your insurance cover under this scheme.
- First of all you have to go to your nearest Post Office/Rural Post Office.
- You have to go there and get the Antyodaya Suraksha Yojana application form.
- After receiving the application form, you have to carefully enter all the required information asked for.
- After entering all the information, you have to attach the necessary documents asked in the form.
- After this, you have to submit this application form to the nearest Post Office / Gramin Dak Sevak’s office.
- After submitting the form your application form will be verified by the officials.
- Once the application form is verified you will be given the benefits of the scheme.
- Thus you can successfully apply under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana.
1. What is the purpose of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana?
Ans. The main objective of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana is to provide comprehensive coverage and protection to unorganized sector workers.
2. In case of accidental death, how much financial assistance will be given to the heirs of the workers under this scheme?
Ans. In case of accidental death, financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh will be given to the heirs of the workers.
3. How to apply under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana?
Ans. Under Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojana, applications can be made through offline process only.